Bath Spa University
Bath Spa University has achieved the Buttle Trust Quality Mark, which demonstrates our commitment to supporting care leavers into higher education.
We will help you find suitable accommodation for the duration of your course, including holiday periods if required. You will have a named member of the student support team to contact and meet up with if you need help or advice.
You can also access the support available to all Bath Spa University students, such as advice and guidance (counselling, mental health and wellbeing advice), disability and dyslexia support, financial advice, careers' guidance and help with finding part-time work via our Jobshop.
Support we offer?
- A named contact
- Outreach sessions or activities
- Pre-application help
- Guidance for offer holders
- A web page for care leavers
- Careers advice and support after graduation
Accommodation we offer?
- A place to live all year round
- If not, help finding somewhere to live for the whole year
Funding support we offer?
- Specific funding that's just for care leavers
- Additional funding available (such as bursaries and grants)
- Support for students seeking asylum
- Support for those with discretionary leave to remain
- Financial advice
Care leavers and foyer leavers aged under 25 years, who have been in local authority care for three months or more since the age of 14, are eligible to apply for a care leavers' bursary of £1,000 for each academic year of study.
Care leavers and foyer leavers from England and the EU will also be considered for the BSU bursary, which is a cash award of £1,000 in year one, £1,000 in year two and £1,500 in ear three.
We work with the Unite Foundation to offer 365 days of free accommodation to selected students, the deadline for applications is 1 June 2017 and you can find out more about this at: www.qmul.ac.uk/undergraduate/feesandfunding/bursaries/ugfunding/101852.html
Course information from Unistats was last updated in February 2017