Bath Spa University
The information on this page was last updated on 7 August 2017.
The details of support available can change, so before you apply it's best to speak to the named contact to check exactly what they offer.
You will have a named key worker in the student support service who will keep in contact with you throughout your studies at university, and will be available to meet up with you to discuss your course and access to support services during your time with us.
Bath Spa University also has a dedicated team of practitioners who provide a variety of mental health services, should you require any support. Further details are available at: https://www.bathspa.ac.uk/students/student-support/mental-and-emotional-support/.
Bath Spa offers an accommodation guarantee for all eligible care leavers for all years of study.
Support we offer?
- A named contact
- Outreach sessions or activities
- Pre-application help
- Guidance for offer holders
- A web page for care leavers
- Careers advice and support after graduation
Accommodation we offer?
- A place to live all year round
- If not, help finding somewhere to live for the whole year
Funding support we offer?
- Specific funding that's just for care leavers
- Additional funding available (such as bursaries and grants)
- Support for students seeking asylum
- Support for those with discretionary leave to remain
- Financial advice
Care leavers and foyer leavers aged under 25 years, who have been in local authority care for three months or more since the age of 14, are eligible to apply for a care leavers' bursary of £1,000 for each academic year of study.
Care leavers and foyer leavers from England and the EU will also be considered for the Bath Spa University bursary, which is a cash award of £1,000 in year one, £1,000 in year two and £1,500 in year three.
We work with the Unite Foundation to offer 365 days of free accommodation to selected students, and you can find out more about this at: http://www.unitefoundation.co.uk/.
Course information from Unistats was last updated in February 2017