Support we offer?
- A named contact
- Outreach sessions or activities
- Pre-application help
- Guidance for offer holders
- A web page for care leavers
- Careers advice and support after graduation
Accommodation we offer?
- A place to live all year round
- If not, help finding somewhere to live for the whole year
Funding support we offer?
- Specific funding that's just for care leavers
- Additional funding available (such as bursaries and grants)
- Support for students seeking asylum
- Support for those with discretionary leave to remain
- Financial advice
Care leavers are usually eligible for a vulnerable bursary (£1,200) to enable you to participate in your course. Transport costs and essential course costs are deducted directly from the bursary, and any balance is paid directly to your bank account by BACS each month.
The payments are dependent on 90% attendance and full commitment to your course.