South Tyneside College
Assistant Prinicipal Student Services and Support
The information on this page was last updated on 27 July 2017.
The details of support available can change, so before you apply it's best to speak to the named contact to check exactly what they offer.
Support we offer?
- A named contact
- Outreach sessions or activities
- Pre-application help
- Guidance for offer holders
- A web page for care leavers
- Careers advice and support after graduation
Accommodation we offer?
- A place to live all year round
- If not, help finding somewhere to live for the whole year
Funding support we offer?
- Specific funding that's just for care leavers
- Additional funding available (such as bursaries and grants)
- Support for students seeking asylum
- Support for those with discretionary leave to remain
- Financial advice
Care leavers aged 16-18 years old and studying a further education course can apply for financial support through South Tyneside College Bursary scheme. Learners aged 19 years or older can apply to the college's Learner Support Fund. Both of these financial support schemes are aimed to help you with travel and meal costs while at college.
For care leavers studying a higher education course at the college, we will advise on all available funding you may wish to apply for from student loans company.
Further information is available by contact Student Services on 0191 4273900 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Course information from Unistats was last updated in October 2017