The University of Dundee
Access and Participation Manager/Senior Lecturer
We provide a range of support for care leaver students. You can get assistance with your application throughout the application process from John Blicharski.
Once you are a student at the University of Dundee, Joan Muszynski (Student Support Adviser) is the university’s support contact for all care-experienced students. Her contact details are phone: 01382 384932 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- provide regular catch-ups, sustained support and impartial advice throughout your time at university
- act as a link between your local authority, you and the university
- help you access support from services available across the university or externally
- be YOUR personal support contact.
All care leaver students are offered a peer mentor/buddy trained by student services to help you to settle into university. You can find out about other support here: www.dundee.ac.uk/student-services
Support we offer?
- A named contact
- Outreach sessions or activities
- Pre-application help
- Guidance for offer holders
- A web page for care leavers
- Careers advice and support after graduation
Accommodation we offer?
- A place to live all year round
- If not, help finding somewhere to live for the whole year
Funding support we offer?
- Specific funding that's just for care leavers
- Additional funding available (such as bursaries and grants)
- Support for students seeking asylum
- Support for those with discretionary leave to remain
- Financial advice
We have a range of financial support for undergraduates. If you have a background of being in local authority care or are leaving care, you may be eligible to apply for our care-experienced students’ bursary. Financial support may also be available through the University's HEI Discretionary Fund. The student funding unit can also help you to access, or give information about, funding for childcare.
For further information, please contact us by email on StudentFunding@dundee.ac.uk.
All care-experienced students studying at the university are offered a personal financial review, which will ensure that you access all the funding to which you are entitled. You can also ask for a personal budgeting session or financial coaching.
Course information from Unistats was last updated in February 2017