West College Scotland
The information on this page was last updated on 7 February 2017.
The details of support available can change, so before you apply it's best to speak to the named contact to check exactly what they offer.
West College Scotland holds the Buttle UK Quality Mark and we hope to develop the legacy through Who Cares? Scotland.
West College Scotland has a range of additional support services available to our care-experienced applicants and students. This includes pre-entry transitional support, access to our in-house student counselling service, and an invitation to join the students' association care experienced forum. The forum helps to ensure you have a voice and an outlet for the more social aspect of college life.
For more information, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01475 553066.
Support we offer?
- A named contact
- Outreach sessions or activities
- Pre-application help
- Guidance for offer holders
- A web page for care leavers
- Careers advice and support after graduation
Accommodation we offer?
- A place to live all year round
- If not, help finding somewhere to live for the whole year
Funding support we offer?
- Specific funding that's just for care leavers
- Additional funding available (such as bursaries and grants)
- Support for students seeking asylum
- Support for those with discretionary leave to remain
- Financial advice
Your dedicated contact within the care-experienced student support team will give advice about funding entitlement and any additional funding sources (e.g. discretionary funds, SAAS vocational allowance, Peter Coates Trust).
They'll also help you with your funding application and any supporting documents.