Get in touch with York College
This will send an email directly to the named contact for care leaver support.
The information on this page was last updated on 16 October 2017.
The details of support available can change, so before you apply it's best to speak to the named contact to check exactly what they offer.
If you are a care leaver and would like further information, advice or guidance please contact Dan Kettlewell, Safeguarding Officer, via the contact details to the left.
Dan is available for one-to-one advice in person by visiting the HelpZone on the first floor (room 1F096).
For information on funding and applying for a course, please visit our website www.yorkcollege.ac.uk
Support we offer?
- A named contact
- Outreach sessions or activities
- Pre-application help
- Guidance for offer holders
- A web page for care leavers
- Careers advice and support after graduation
Accommodation we offer?
- A place to live all year round
- If not, help finding somewhere to live for the whole year
Funding support we offer?
- Specific funding that's just for care leavers
- Additional funding available (such as bursaries and grants)
- Support for students seeking asylum
- Support for those with discretionary leave to remain
- Financial advice
Course information from Unistats was last updated in February 2017