Abingdon and Witney College
Quality Lead for Student Engagement
The information on this page was last updated on 2 September 2018.
The details of support available can change, so before you apply it's best to speak to the named contact to check exactly what they offer.
Abingdon and Witney College student services can provide advice and support to our students who wish to apply to university, or if we are unable to help you, we will make sure you are signposted to the most appropriate agency.
At college we encourage our students to learn independence and resilience, and we will work with you to help you make the most of your potential.
Support we offer?
- A named contact
- Outreach sessions or activities
- Pre-application help
- Guidance for offer holders
- A web page for care leavers
- Careers advice and support after graduation
Accommodation we offer?
- A place to live all year round
- If not, help finding somewhere to live for the whole year
Funding support we offer?
- Specific funding that's just for care leavers
- Additional funding available (such as bursaries and grants)
- Support for students seeking asylum
- Support for those with discretionary leave to remain
- Financial advice
We are a further education provider, and our higher education courses are validated by Oxford Brookes University, therefore Oxford Brookes oversees our financial support for care leavers on higher education courses.