Argyll College UHI

Liz Richardson

Student Services Manager
01631 559673

The information on this page was last updated on 28 August 2018.

The details of support available can change, so before you apply it's best to speak to the named contact to check exactly what they offer.

Support we offer

  • A named contact
  • Outreach sessions or activities
  • Pre-application help
  • Guidance for offer holders
  • A web page for care leavers
  • Careers advice and support after graduation

Accommodation we offer

  • A place to live all year round
  • If not, help finding somewhere to live for the whole year

Funding support we offer

  • Specific funding that's just for care leavers
  • Additional funding available (such as bursaries and grants)
  • Support for students seeking asylum
  • Support for those with discretionary leave to remain
  • Financial advice

We currently offer all care leavers on further education and higher education courses access to all funds they are eligible for. This includes a bursary, EMA, EMA living away from home, childcare and discretionary funding.

We can help you make your funding application and give advice on the paperwork you need, or what to do if the paperwork is not available. We can process applications as a priority to speed up the application process.

We can also refer you to any other funding sources outwith the college, i.e. the welfare fund.