Head of Inclusive Learning
Tel: 0300 303 0303 ext 5356 Mobile: 07710 306964
The information on this page was last updated on 30 August 2018.
The details of support available can change, so before you apply it's best to speak to the named contact to check exactly what they offer.
Ayrshire College is committed to supporting all students to ensure they have a positive learning experience. The college has signed the Scottish Care Leavers' Covenant, and has developed an ambitious Corporate Parenting Plan, which demonstrates our commitment to care-experienced young people.
When you come to Ayrshire College, you will have a named contact who will work together with you and your care workers to put together a support package that is tailored to your individual needs and circumstances.
We will liaise with your curriculum team, funding and student services to ensure that you get the support you need throughout your course.
You can find out more about the support we offer on our college website.
Support we offer?
- A named contact
- Outreach sessions or activities
- Pre-application help
- Guidance for offer holders
- A web page for care leavers
- Careers advice and support after graduation
Accommodation we offer?
- A place to live all year round
- If not, help finding somewhere to live for the whole year
Funding support we offer?
- Specific funding that's just for care leavers
- Additional funding available (such as bursaries and grants)
- Support for students seeking asylum
- Support for those with discretionary leave to remain
- Financial advice
We have many different funds available to assist you whilst you are studying at Ayrshire College. We may be able to provide financial support for living costs, travel expenses and assistance with rent or housing costs.
Our experienced team are waiting to support you. We will explore all financial avenues to ensure you receive the best long-term financial support to suit your individual needs.