Get in touch with Barking and Dagenham College
This will send an email directly to the named contact for care leaver support.
Barking and Dagenham College
The information on this page was last updated on 13 September 2019.
The details of support available can change, so before you apply it's best to speak to the named contact to check exactly what they offer.
Hello, and a warm welcome to Barking and Dagenham College.
We want EVERY student to get the most out of their time at college, and we provide an exceptional level of individual support just for YOU. We understand the challenges that face young people in care or preparing to leave care, and we are committed to supporting you to overcome any barriers to your learning, and to celebrate your achievements and successes.
We know that you are one of a kind and have something great to offer, so don't delay, get in touch!
Support we offer?
- A named contact
- Outreach sessions or activities
- Pre-application help
- Guidance for offer holders
- A web page for care leavers
- Careers advice and support after graduation
Accommodation we offer?
- A place to live all year round
- If not, help finding somewhere to live for the whole year
Funding support we offer?
- Specific funding that's just for care leavers
- Additional funding available (such as bursaries and grants)
- Support for students seeking asylum
- Support for those with discretionary leave to remain
- Financial advice
If you are aged 16-19 you can apply for the guaranteed bursary, which is £1,200 per academic year, paid in 10 monthly instalments.
If you are 19+, you may be eligible to apply for the discretionary bursary or loans bursary.
Please contact the student finance support team A.S.A.P on 0203 667 0050 or email@example.com for more information.
Sorry, we don't have information about available courses. Visit their website for more details.