Barnet and Southgate College
Jo Colvin-Slee/Alice Fitzhugh
Safeguarding and Equality Team
0203 764 4077
The information on this page was last updated on 29 August 2018.
The details of support available can change, so before you apply it's best to speak to the named contact to check exactly what they offer.
The college offers you a wide range of learner support through our learner services department, and also the safeguarding and equality team:
- supporting you with your studies, career, welfare and enrichment
- advisers to help with your course work, Moodle and assignments
- counsellors for support with emotional issues
- advisers for welfare, housing and health issues
- areers team for help with university applications, courses and CVs.
Please visit: www.barnetsouthgate.ac.uk/the-college/learner-support for further information.
Support we offer?
- A named contact
- Outreach sessions or activities
- Pre-application help
- Guidance for offer holders
- A web page for care leavers
- Careers advice and support after graduation
Accommodation we offer?
- A place to live all year round
- If not, help finding somewhere to live for the whole year
Funding support we offer?
- Specific funding that's just for care leavers
- Additional funding available (such as bursaries and grants)
- Support for students seeking asylum
- Support for those with discretionary leave to remain
- Financial advice
Our learner support fund is used to provide financial help to students whose access to, or completion of, education might be threatened by lack of finance.
The fund will be open for applications for the following year from 1st July each year. Application forms are available in paper format from customer services, and electronic format on our website.
Applications are accepted from eligible students from the 1st July every year until the appropriate deadline date (see application forms), or until funds run out. However, applications cannot be accepted unless a student is fully enrolled.
Funding is not guaranteed by the acceptance of an application form. There are four types of funding available, and more information can be found at: www.barnetsouthgate.ac.uk/learner-support-fund.
Sorry, we don't have information about available courses. Visit their website for more details.