Bath Spa University
The information on this page was last updated on 24 May 2021.
The details of support available can change, so before you apply it's best to speak to the named contact to check exactly what they offer.
You will have a named key worker in Student Wellbeing Services who will keep in contact with you throughout your studies, and will be available to discuss your course and access to support services during your time with us.You can also access a range of support on matters relating to wellbeing, mental health, disability, and inclusion - you can find further details at : https://www.bathspa.ac.uk/students/student-wellbeing-services/Bath Spa offers a guaranteed offer of accommodation for all eligible care leavers for all years of study.
Support we offer?
- A named contact
- Outreach sessions or activities
- Pre-application help
- Guidance for offer holders
- A web page for care leavers
- Careers advice and support after graduation
Accommodation we offer?
- A place to live all year round
- If not, help finding somewhere to live for the whole year
Funding support we offer?
- Specific funding that's just for care leavers
- Additional funding available (such as bursaries and grants)
- Support for students seeking asylum
- Support for those with discretionary leave to remain
- Financial advice
Care leavers and foyer leavers aged under 25 years, who have been in local authority care for three months or more since the age of 14, are eligible to apply for a care leavers' bursary of £1,000 for each academic year of study. Care leavers and foyer leavers from England will also be considered for the Bath Spa University bursary, which is a cash award, payable at different rates, depending on individual circumstances. We guarantee 365 accommodation.