Bicton College

Lydia Cherrett

Learner Support Lead
01395 562406

The information on this page was last updated on 28 August 2018.

The details of support available can change, so before you apply it's best to speak to the named contact to check exactly what they offer.

Bicton is a specialist land-based college working in partnership with Plymouth University.

Bicton works closely with Plymouth, and we offer a variety of services to help you make the most of your time with us.

Plymouth University has been awarded the Buttle UK Quality Mark in recognition of the ‘exemplary level of support’ they provide to all their students.

We can offer you application and transition support, including pre-entry visits, liaison with support workers and carers, and help with your UCAS, funding and bursary applications.

See: for more information.

Your named mentor at Bicton College is Lydia, who you can contact on:

Support we offer

  • A named contact
  • Outreach sessions or activities
  • Pre-application help
  • Guidance for offer holders
  • A web page for care leavers
  • Careers advice and support after graduation

Accommodation we offer

  • A place to live all year round
  • If not, help finding somewhere to live for the whole year

Funding support we offer

  • Specific funding that's just for care leavers
  • Additional funding available (such as bursaries and grants)
  • Support for students seeking asylum
  • Support for those with discretionary leave to remain
  • Financial advice

Bicton is a specialist land-based college working in partnership with Plymouth University.

Applications are administered through Plymouth University, which offers specific support for care leavers. Applicants may be eligible for a £2,000 a year care leaver bursary, or support with accommodation.

We also offer a graduation package including financial help with robes, graduation tickets, travel and accommodation.

You will have the opportunity to apply for £2,000 per year care leaver bursary if you enrol on a taught postgraduate degree.

We also offer ongoing support for up to one year after graduation, including job references and continued contact with your support worker if you want it.

See more at:

Sorry, we don't have information about available courses. Visit their website for more details.