Birkbeck University of London
The information on this page was last updated on 2 September 2018.
The details of support available can change, so before you apply it's best to speak to the named contact to check exactly what they offer.
At Birkbeck, we are used to working with prospective students who come from all different backgrounds and life circumstances.
Therefore the FREE outreach events that we offer for prospective students, which look at application writing, careers advice and guidance and much more, are also relevant to you as a care leaver. Please see all our events here: www.bbk.ac.uk/events/outreach.
Support we offer?
- A named contact
- Outreach sessions or activities
- Pre-application help
- Guidance for offer holders
- A web page for care leavers
- Careers advice and support after graduation
Accommodation we offer?
- A place to live all year round
- If not, help finding somewhere to live for the whole year
Funding support we offer?
- Specific funding that's just for care leavers
- Additional funding available (such as bursaries and grants)
- Support for students seeking asylum
- Support for those with discretionary leave to remain
- Financial advice
Course information from Discover Uni was last updated in December 2020