Get in touch with Birmingham Metropolitan College
This will send an email directly to the named contact for care leaver support.
Birmingham Metropolitan College
Higher Education Co-ordinator
0121 446 4545 extension 5329
The information on this page was last updated on 3 September 2018.
The details of support available can change, so before you apply it's best to speak to the named contact to check exactly what they offer.
Welcome to BMet (Birmingham Metropolitan College). We are delighted that you are thinking of applying to study here. We want to give you all the help you need to get to university, and to succeed here.
At BMet, we provide a wide range of academic and pastoral support, which includes:
- an assigned personal tutor
- one-to-one tutorials with module lecturers
- a student services team based at each college site offering services such as advice on application
- enrolment and financial support
- appointments with a counsellor or careers advisor
- an additional support team to help students with special educational needs, who may require additional English and Mathematics support
- a student enrichment team providing extra-curricular activities.
Support we offer?
- A named contact
- Outreach sessions or activities
- Pre-application help
- Guidance for offer holders
- A web page for care leavers
- Careers advice and support after graduation
Accommodation we offer?
- A place to live all year round
- If not, help finding somewhere to live for the whole year
Funding support we offer?
- Specific funding that's just for care leavers
- Additional funding available (such as bursaries and grants)
- Support for students seeking asylum
- Support for those with discretionary leave to remain
- Financial advice
Course information from Discover Uni was last updated in December 2020