Bishop Auckland College
Student Services Section
The information on this page was last updated on 6 September 2018.
The details of support available can change, so before you apply it's best to speak to the named contact to check exactly what they offer.
Student services has been described as the 'jewel in the crown' of the college in a recent inspection report.
The student services team provides careers advice and guidance, financial support, and pastoral and welfare services to the college's students. Our staff are on hand to help students in any way possible, ensuring a positive, friendly and supportive atmosphere at the college.
Support we offer?
- A named contact
- Outreach sessions or activities
- Pre-application help
- Guidance for offer holders
- A web page for care leavers
- Careers advice and support after graduation
Accommodation we offer?
- A place to live all year round
- If not, help finding somewhere to live for the whole year
Funding support we offer?
- Specific funding that's just for care leavers
- Additional funding available (such as bursaries and grants)
- Support for students seeking asylum
- Support for those with discretionary leave to remain
- Financial advice