Bishop Grosseteste University, Lincoln

Phil Davis

Head of Student Advice
01522 583600

The information on this page was last updated on 29 August 2018.

The details of support available can change, so before you apply it's best to speak to the named contact to check exactly what they offer.

We recently held the Buttle UK Quality Mark, and continue to provide the support that was in place under that scheme.

You can access our student advice in any of the following ways:

Tel: 01522 583600

We offer priority accommodation for students from care, just contact us. Our counselling service is also available to provide emotional support.

Support we offer

  • A named contact
  • Outreach sessions or activities
  • Pre-application help
  • Guidance for offer holders
  • A web page for care leavers
  • Careers advice and support after graduation

Accommodation we offer

  • A place to live all year round
  • If not, help finding somewhere to live for the whole year

Funding support we offer

  • Specific funding that's just for care leavers
  • Additional funding available (such as bursaries and grants)
  • Support for students seeking asylum
  • Support for those with discretionary leave to remain
  • Financial advice

We provide an enhanced bursary of £3,600 per year of study. This is available to students from care with annual tuition fees exceeding £6,000, whose household income is £30,000 or below.

We just need you to follow two simple steps:

1. Let us know you have been in care, either on your UCAS application or by contacting us directly, and we can begin to put the funding in place.

2. When you apply for student finance, make sure you allow your information to be shared with the university – then there is no need for you to make a separate application for the enhanced bursary.

We can help you apply for your funding, review your finances with you, and explore further funding opportunities as part of the confidential and approachable service we offer.