Blackpool and The Fylde College

Hannah Emery

Higher Education Learning Mentor Co-ordinator
01253 504498

The information on this page was last updated on 29 August 2018.

The details of support available can change, so before you apply it's best to speak to the named contact to check exactly what they offer.

Blackpool and The Fylde College is proud to be awarded the Buttle UK Quality Mark for our commitment to care leavers.

While you are a student with us, we offer a range of support to help you make the most of your studies and achieve your full potential, whilst preparing you for the world of work following graduation.

In addition to support from your tutors, help is also available during your studies including study skills, learning resources, finance, careers, childcare, accommodation, disability support and counselling, to mention a few.

Join us at our summer school event, ‘Flying Start’, to help with your transition to higher education study.

To find out more about Blackpool and The Fylde student union, please visit:

Support we offer

  • A named contact
  • Outreach sessions or activities
  • Pre-application help
  • Guidance for offer holders
  • A web page for care leavers
  • Careers advice and support after graduation

Accommodation we offer

  • A place to live all year round
  • If not, help finding somewhere to live for the whole year

Funding support we offer

  • Specific funding that's just for care leavers
  • Additional funding available (such as bursaries and grants)
  • Support for students seeking asylum
  • Support for those with discretionary leave to remain
  • Financial advice

The Blackpool and The Fylde College access scholarship
Guaranteed for all care leavers to the value of £1,000 per year of study, to a maximum of three years and in two payments per year of £500.

If you are studying part-time, the amount will be paid pro rata and you must be studying a minimum of 25% of the full-time course each year.

The scholarship is available to new UK home students or EU nationals who have been living permanently in the UK for the last five years. The award will not be available if you are repeating a study year or doing a placement year.

1 courses matching child

Early Childhood Studies Uni Centre Foundation