The information on this page was last updated on 23 August 2019.
The details of support available can change, so before you apply it's best to speak to the named contact to check exactly what they offer.
We have dedicated learner support officers to support you in college with a range of issues, including bursary, transport and pastoral support.
We also have a counselling team to support you with any emotional issues, and an inclusive learning team to assist you with support for learning difficulties or disabilities. You can contact the learner services team on 01205 365701.
Support we offer?
- A named contact
- Outreach sessions or activities
- Pre-application help
- Guidance for offer holders
- A web page for care leavers
- Careers advice and support after graduation
Accommodation we offer?
- A place to live all year round
- If not, help finding somewhere to live for the whole year
Funding support we offer?
- Specific funding that's just for care leavers
- Additional funding available (such as bursaries and grants)
- Support for students seeking asylum
- Support for those with discretionary leave to remain
- Financial advice
There are ESFA-funded bursaries for you up to the age of 19. If you meet the criteria as set by ESFA guidance, you could be entitled to a bursary to support the costs of coming to college. Tuition fees may apply.
You can contact the college registry team on 01205 365701 to discuss any fee waivers that may be available to you.