The information on this page was last updated on 27 August 2018.
The details of support available can change, so before you apply it's best to speak to the named contact to check exactly what they offer.
Support we offer?
- A named contact
- Outreach sessions or activities
- Pre-application help
- Guidance for offer holders
- A web page for care leavers
- Careers advice and support after graduation
Accommodation we offer?
- A place to live all year round
- If not, help finding somewhere to live for the whole year
Funding support we offer?
- Specific funding that's just for care leavers
- Additional funding available (such as bursaries and grants)
- Support for students seeking asylum
- Support for those with discretionary leave to remain
- Financial advice
In order to provide the additional support so often needed by care leavers, UCLan Burnley have introduced a care leaver support package.
All students who meet the criteria will be eligible for financial support, along with a range of other targeted support arrangements including:
- a cash bursary of £1,000 per year of study
- a dedicated point of contact for advice and support, from application, through admission and enrolment, to study
- access to enhanced study skills support and enhanced careers support.
In order to apply for this funding, please contact the student helpdesk on campus, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 01282 733400.
Course information from Discover Uni was last updated in December 2020