Get in touch with Canterbury Christ Church University
This will send an email directly to the named contact for care leaver support.
Canterbury Christ Church University
The information on this page was last updated on 7 August 2019.
The details of support available can change, so before you apply it's best to speak to the named contact to check exactly what they offer.
Support we can offer you includes a team of specialist designated members of staff. The team has a generic email address, however you will be assigned a named adviser, who can:
- liaise with key agencies at your request
- liaise with academic and other staff, if requested, as and when required
- support your success by signposting you to study skills support or bespoke activity.
Our support and guidance lasts all the way from pre-arrival through to alumni.
We welcome young care leavers to the university, and are here to offer you advice, support and guidance. This applies for your transition period to university, while you are a student here, and also when you transition at graduation.
We are available Monday-Friday at drop-in, over the phone or via email, to support you throughout your student journey. Contact us for a personal chat about your circumstances and how we can help.
Support we offer?
- A named contact
- Outreach sessions or activities
- Pre-application help
- Guidance for offer holders
- A web page for care leavers
- Careers advice and support after graduation
Accommodation we offer?
- A place to live all year round
- If not, help finding somewhere to live for the whole year
Funding support we offer?
- Specific funding that's just for care leavers
- Additional funding available (such as bursaries and grants)
- Support for students seeking asylum
- Support for those with discretionary leave to remain
- Financial advice
We can offer you:
- priority access to university hardship funds for care leavers
- university bursaries and scholarships, including a specific care leaver bursary award
- an Article 26 award each year
- priority access to financial support, advice and guidance.
Course information from Discover Uni was last updated in December 2020