Central Sussex College
The information on this page was last updated on 27 August 2018.
The details of support available can change, so before you apply it's best to speak to the named contact to check exactly what they offer.
Our student support department has a team of qualified and experienced advisers, who can offer you impartial and confidential information, advice and guidance on a range of pastoral and welfare issues.
The team has established links with a range of external support agencies, including sexual health services, drug and substance misuse, and housing and employment services.
The team is also trained in child protection and safeguarding, and is able to make appropriate referrals to designated staff to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all our students.
In addition, every full-time student under 19 will have a dedicated pastoral support tutor to help you:
- monitor attendance and progress
- with personal/welfare issues
- discuss future education and employment opportunities.
You can drop in to student support any time the college is open, or phone to make an appointment with a pastoral support tutor.
Support we offer?
- A named contact
- Outreach sessions or activities
- Pre-application help
- Guidance for offer holders
- A web page for care leavers
- Careers advice and support after graduation
Accommodation we offer?
- A place to live all year round
- If not, help finding somewhere to live for the whole year
Funding support we offer?
- Specific funding that's just for care leavers
- Additional funding available (such as bursaries and grants)
- Support for students seeking asylum
- Support for those with discretionary leave to remain
- Financial advice
A vulnerable student bursary of £1,200 is available for students who are:
- in care or a care leaver
- in receipt of income support/universal credit, or
- in receipt of both employment support allowance and disability living allowance/personal independence payment.
For more information please contact student support on: 01293 442204.
Sorry, we don't have information about available courses. Visit their website for more details.