City of Bristol College
The information on this page was last updated on 12 August 2019.
The details of support available can change, so before you apply it's best to speak to the named contact to check exactly what they offer.
If you're in local authority care, or if you're leaving care, our dedicated support team is here to help with your studies and college life. We can help you with:
- guidance on course choices
- information and support to access your guaranteed bursary money
- meetings with key people in your life and at college
- guidance throughout your course, working with you and your teachers
- progression onto other courses, university or the world of work.
Support we offer?
- A named contact
- Outreach sessions or activities
- Pre-application help
- Guidance for offer holders
- A web page for care leavers
- Careers advice and support after graduation
Accommodation we offer?
- A place to live all year round
- If not, help finding somewhere to live for the whole year
Funding support we offer?
- Specific funding that's just for care leavers
- Additional funding available (such as bursaries and grants)
- Support for students seeking asylum
- Support for those with discretionary leave to remain
- Financial advice
We have a range of options to help you access the financial support you need whilst you learn. Our advisers are always on hand to give you information about the support for which you are eligible. We can help you with:
- benefit advice
- money management
- funding advice
- advanced learner loans
- professional and career development loans
- childcare costs.
Course information from Discover Uni was last updated in December 2020