City University London
Student Experience Officer (City Cares Programme)
0207 040 0456
The information on this page was last updated on 17 August 2021.
The details of support available can change, so before you apply it's best to speak to the named contact to check exactly what they offer.
A designated member of staff will support you at university, and can signpost, advocate and advise you from application through to post-graduation.We also offer:
one-to-one visit days for potential applicants/offer holders
invitation to our pre-induction event
priority access to university-affiliated halls
CityBuddies peer mentoring in your first year
guaranteed interview for our THELMA award-winning professional mentoring scheme
tailored careers advice and support
one-to-one wellbeing mentoring with our mental health advisers.
More information can be found on our care leaver support web pages.
Support we offer?
- A named contact
- Outreach sessions or activities
- Pre-application help
- Guidance for offer holders
- A web page for care leavers
- Careers advice and support after graduation
Accommodation we offer?
- A place to live all year round
- If not, help finding somewhere to live for the whole year
Funding support we offer?
- Specific funding that's just for care leavers
- Additional funding available (such as bursaries and grants)
- Support for students seeking asylum
- Support for those with discretionary leave to remain
- Financial advice
We support care leavers through our dedicated support programme - City Cares. You can access the City Cares bursary which awards eligible students £3,500 for up to three years of study. You can also apply for our hardship fund which can award you an additional £1,200, as well as our Emergency Summer Fund, just for City Cares students, to help you with summer costs. For more information about our offer for care leavers see our website.