Coleg y Cymoedd
Support Team Leader and LAC Keyworker
The information on this page was last updated on 3 September 2019.
The details of support available can change, so before you apply it's best to speak to the named contact to check exactly what they offer.
At Coleg Y Cymoedd our designate contact ensures that access to the various internal support provisions are easily accessible for care leavers. Care Leavers have regular contact either face to face and via email/text to ensure a successful transition and learning journey throughout the academic year. Welfare Officers are available at every campus to offer advice and guidance in regards to benefits, housing, sexual and metal health.
Support we offer?
- A named contact
- Outreach sessions or activities
- Pre-application help
- Guidance for offer holders
- A web page for care leavers
- Careers advice and support after graduation
Accommodation we offer?
- A place to live all year round
- If not, help finding somewhere to live for the whole year
Funding support we offer?
- Specific funding that's just for care leavers
- Additional funding available (such as bursaries and grants)
- Support for students seeking asylum
- Support for those with discretionary leave to remain
- Financial advice
Coleg Y Cymoedd offers learners financial support through our financial contingency fund, to help towards the cost of any equipment, uniform or resources you may need for your course. The fund reimburses up to 50% of the cost, to the maximum amount of £75. You will need to provide receipts for the items bought, and proof of benefits to complete the application.To apply, contact the learner services department, based on every campus.
Sorry, we don't have information about available courses. Visit their website for more details.