De Montfort University

Melissa Page

Higher Education Guidance Officer
0116 257 7872

The information on this page was last updated on 3 September 2018.

The details of support available can change, so before you apply it's best to speak to the named contact to check exactly what they offer.

De Montfort University previously held the Buttle UK Quality Mark at exemplary level.

The university has two higher education guidance officers responsible for care leavers, who are able to provide you with support from pre-entry through to graduation.

There is a job agency on campus, and the team occasionally offers paid work for student representatives at specific events on campus.

There is a counselling and wellbeing service that can support you if needed.

The Centre for Learning and Study Support (CLaSS), based in the library, delivers workshops and one-to-one support throughout the academic year on study skills, different learning styles and much more.

If you have a specific learning difference, such as dyslexia, we can assist you in applying for additional study support.

Support we offer

  • A named contact
  • Outreach sessions or activities
  • Pre-application help
  • Guidance for offer holders
  • A web page for care leavers
  • Careers advice and support after graduation

Accommodation we offer

  • A place to live all year round
  • If not, help finding somewhere to live for the whole year

Funding support we offer

  • Specific funding that's just for care leavers
  • Additional funding available (such as bursaries and grants)
  • Support for students seeking asylum
  • Support for those with discretionary leave to remain
  • Financial advice

De Montfort University offers a £1,000 per year bursary to care leaver students. This will be awarded when you have ticked the UCAS box, or made yourself known to the transitions team once you have enrolled.

Additionally, we currently offer a £1,000 graduation bursary, and occasionally have donations from external organisations.

10 courses matching drama

Creative Writing and Drama Studies Part time Sandwich year
Drama Studies Sandwich year
Drama Studies Part time Sandwich year
Drama Studies and English Part time Sandwich year
Drama Studies and Media Part time Sandwich year