East Surrey College
The information on this page was last updated on 27 August 2018.
The details of support available can change, so before you apply it's best to speak to the named contact to check exactly what they offer.
We work closely with external agencies, including social services, to ensure that appropriate support is in place whilst you are a student at our college.
This could include:
- careers advice and guidance
- pastoral care
- financial support
- food and transport
- accommodation guidance.
As part of the college course application process, we also provide support prior to you starting your college programme.
We understand that at times you may experience pressures at home or whilst at college, and our support manager is on hand to provide individual support on any aspect of your time at college, ensuring that you get the help you need.
Support we offer?
- A named contact
- Outreach sessions or activities
- Pre-application help
- Guidance for offer holders
- A web page for care leavers
- Careers advice and support after graduation
Accommodation we offer?
- A place to live all year round
- If not, help finding somewhere to live for the whole year
Funding support we offer?
- Specific funding that's just for care leavers
- Additional funding available (such as bursaries and grants)
- Support for students seeking asylum
- Support for those with discretionary leave to remain
- Financial advice
Financial advice will be offered at interview, so that care leavers can make an informed choice about studying at our institution.
Services offered include counselling, financial support, general welfare and accommodation.
Course information from Discover Uni was last updated in December 2020