Edge Hill University
The information on this page was last updated on 4 October 2021.
The details of support available can change, so before you apply it's best to speak to the named contact to check exactly what they offer.
In student services we are proud to provide the best service and support to all students.
Although the Buttle Quality Mark is no longer awarded to institutions, Edge Hill University held the Quality Mark from its inception in 2006 to 2015, and we are committed to continuing our support for young care leavers.
This institution has been recognised as being instrumental in shaping the Quality Mark for care leavers, moving the project forward as one of the first universities to achieve this award.
Support we offer?
- A named contact
- Outreach sessions or activities
- Pre-application help
- Guidance for offer holders
- A web page for care leavers
- Careers advice and support after graduation
Accommodation we offer?
- A place to live all year round
- If not, help finding somewhere to live for the whole year
Funding support we offer?
- Specific funding that's just for care leavers
- Additional funding available (such as bursaries and grants)
- Support for students seeking asylum
- Support for those with discretionary leave to remain
- Financial advice
We offer a care leavers' bursary of £1,000 per year up to a maximum of three years.
We also have The Student Support fund – full details can be found at: www.edgehill.ac.uk/studentservices/student-support-fund/.
Various scholarships are available for students to apply for, for full details please go to: www.edgehill.ac.uk/scholarships/.
With regard to students seeking asylum in the UK, we have a sanctuary award; this is a support package awarded to two individuals each year, to help them achieve their higher education goals. For full details go to: www.edgehill.ac.uk/international/fees/scholarships/.