The information on this page was last updated on 2 September 2021.
The details of support available can change, so before you apply it's best to speak to the named contact to check exactly what they offer.
Hi there! Falmouth University was established in 1902 as Falmouth School of Art, it has grown over a century, its portfolio of courses represents the breadth of the Creative Industries, and its on-campus student population tripling in size since 2001 to nearly 5300 students today. These students study on two campuses in Falmouth and Penryn in Cornwall. As well as the courses that are delivered on-campus in Cornwall, Falmouth also provides groundbreaking online distance learning and exciting collaborative partnerships with industry-leading bodies including WaterBear in Brighton and the Fashion Retail Academy in London. We offer a 'contextual admissions' policy which means that we consider you individually and holistically, so not just your grades and academic achievements. Falmouth University has recently joined the 'Care Leavers Covenant' and want to prove to you that we do really care about your wellbeing. We have a range of support to offer to you, including financial support, counselling, peer mentoring, study skills, and personal tutoring so please contact our dedicated Student Services team so that they can signpost you to the support you need......Looking forward to meeting you on campus!
Support we offer?
- A named contact
- Outreach sessions or activities
- Pre-application help
- Guidance for offer holders
- A web page for care leavers
- Careers advice and support after graduation
Accommodation we offer?
- A place to live all year round
- If not, help finding somewhere to live for the whole year
Funding support we offer?
- Specific funding that's just for care leavers
- Additional funding available (such as bursaries and grants)
- Support for students seeking asylum
- Support for those with discretionary leave to remain
- Financial advice
* Qualifying students will receive the standard income-assessed bursary, plus a £1,000 per year care leavers' bursary, which is focused on helping students fund a) their accommodation deposit for the following year, and b) their summer rent. You are also within a priority group for our travel and placement awards.
* Welcome packs: You will receive a ‘Welcome Pack’ which contains pre-paid bus tickets, launderette vouchers and food vouchers. Students’ packs will be available from the accommodation office on campus/sent via email.
* We will fund the cost of your graduation ceremony. This will include the tickets to the ceremony, the hire of cap and gown, a graduation picture, and the cost of overnight accommodation if required.