Fife College

Vicki Anton

Manager of Wellbeing and Support
01592 223544

The information on this page was last updated on 4 September 2018.

The details of support available can change, so before you apply it's best to speak to the named contact to check exactly what they offer.

Fife College guarantees that every care-experienced applicant will be offered an interview for the course they have chosen. If you are not successful, you will be offered alternative courses to consider.

While you study with us, you will have a member of the guidance team to offer support, and also a course tutor to make sure that if you ever need help with your course there are people to ask.

Support we offer

  • A named contact
  • Outreach sessions or activities
  • Pre-application help
  • Guidance for offer holders
  • A web page for care leavers
  • Careers advice and support after graduation

Accommodation we offer

  • A place to live all year round
  • If not, help finding somewhere to live for the whole year

Funding support we offer

  • Specific funding that's just for care leavers
  • Additional funding available (such as bursaries and grants)
  • Support for students seeking asylum
  • Support for those with discretionary leave to remain
  • Financial advice

We work with our care-experienced students to ensure their funding is in place, and continues as smoothly as possible throughout the year.

The college is committed to providing an inclusive education, and we know that sometimes allowances are needed when students experience hardship due to housing, attendance and personal or family issues.

If you are a student seeking asylum in the UK, Fife College will work with you to determine whether there is financial support you could receive. Each case is looked at individually to see the type of leave to remain printed on your entry clearance certificate, and whether you have any recourse to public funds.

One possible scenario could be help with full-time fees for ESOL courses, or part-time fees for other further education and higher education courses. This would depend on evidence you have received from the Home Office.