The information on this page was last updated on 23 August 2019.
The details of support available can change, so before you apply it's best to speak to the named contact to check exactly what they offer.
Our Student Services team can offer a number of services and access to specialist resources, to help you make an informed decision on where to study.
The college has excellent links with local support services, as well as trained counsellors to support our care leavers during their studies.
Support we offer?
- A named contact
- Outreach sessions or activities
- Pre-application help
- Guidance for offer holders
- A web page for care leavers
- Careers advice and support after graduation
Accommodation we offer?
- A place to live all year round
- If not, help finding somewhere to live for the whole year
Funding support we offer?
- Specific funding that's just for care leavers
- Additional funding available (such as bursaries and grants)
- Support for students seeking asylum
- Support for those with discretionary leave to remain
- Financial advice
Funding is available to support care leavers with appropriate resources, to allow for your successful studies at a higher education level.
You may be supported with student fees, laptops or cash to enable travel, accommodation and other costs for studying at this level.