Grimsby Institute of Further and Higher Education
The information on this page was last updated on 3 September 2018.
The details of support available can change, so before you apply it's best to speak to the named contact to check exactly what they offer.
Our learner services team will provide a wide range of student support services that you can access at any time; this includes pastoral care, financial hardship and study assistance, as well as general information and guidance.
Support we offer?
- A named contact
- Outreach sessions or activities
- Pre-application help
- Guidance for offer holders
- A web page for care leavers
- Careers advice and support after graduation
Accommodation we offer?
- A place to live all year round
- If not, help finding somewhere to live for the whole year
Funding support we offer?
- Specific funding that's just for care leavers
- Additional funding available (such as bursaries and grants)
- Support for students seeking asylum
- Support for those with discretionary leave to remain
- Financial advice
All care leavers are able to access our Institute bursary, and would be a priority 1 in terms of any financial support offered, as well as specific support relating to transport, lunch vouchers and course required equipment.