King Edward VI College, Nuneaton
Student Support Coordinator/Safeguarding Officer
The information on this page was last updated on 28 August 2018.
The details of support available can change, so before you apply it's best to speak to the named contact to check exactly what they offer.
Shirley Axon is the designated officer for children in care/care leavers.
Please refer to our website for more information: www.kecnuneaton.ac.uk/for-students/student-support/.
Support we offer?
- A named contact
- Outreach sessions or activities
- Pre-application help
- Guidance for offer holders
- A web page for care leavers
- Careers advice and support after graduation
Accommodation we offer?
- A place to live all year round
- If not, help finding somewhere to live for the whole year
Funding support we offer?
- Specific funding that's just for care leavers
- Additional funding available (such as bursaries and grants)
- Support for students seeking asylum
- Support for those with discretionary leave to remain
- Financial advice
A full bursary of £1,200 is available to children in care/care leavers.
The award is based on full attendance and is 30 weeks at £40. There is also a college hardship fund that can be accessed.
Sorry, we don't have information about available courses. Visit their website for more details.