Kingston Maurward College
The information on this page was last updated on 30 August 2018.
The details of support available can change, so before you apply it's best to speak to the named contact to check exactly what they offer.
The college has several one-to-one counsellors that students can have regular appointments with, arranged through our student services team. They also have details of specialist services you can be referred to such as mental health, sexual health, financial help, drug and alcohol misuse and more besides.
They can usually help with completing forms and contacting the right people to help if needed. More info can be found at: www.kmc.ac.uk/student-life/support.
Support we offer?
- A named contact
- Outreach sessions or activities
- Pre-application help
- Guidance for offer holders
- A web page for care leavers
- Careers advice and support after graduation
Accommodation we offer?
- A place to live all year round
- If not, help finding somewhere to live for the whole year
Funding support we offer?
- Specific funding that's just for care leavers
- Additional funding available (such as bursaries and grants)
- Support for students seeking asylum
- Support for those with discretionary leave to remain
- Financial advice
We have a limited number of bursaries and fee waivers available to students, based on their household income. If this income is less than £25,000 per year, then you may be eligible for the award.
We also have a fund for emergency financial need, which students need to apply for separately. This is used to purchase specific items such as equipment needed for your course, and this would need to be explained in the application.