The information on this page was last updated on 14 April 2021.
The details of support available can change, so before you apply it's best to speak to the named contact to check exactly what they offer.
At Kirklees College all looked after and care leaver students are supported by a carecoordinator, who you can access prior to joining the college, throughout your study programme and to support your progression. The named contact for Care leavers is Lucy Robinson - Wellbeing Lead - who will allocate support staff to you. Care Coordinators support students throughout the year with attendance, academic progress and wellbeing.
You will have the opportunity to work with progress coaches, personal tutors, lecturers and other relevant staff to ensure you are fully supported and can access the following:
Additional learning support
Careers and progression advice
Transport support and advice
Liaison with appropriate agencies
Advocacy for a range of situations, including entry and on course requirements.
Support we offer?
- A named contact
- Outreach sessions or activities
- Pre-application help
- Guidance for offer holders
- A web page for care leavers
- Careers advice and support after graduation
Accommodation we offer?
- A place to live all year round
- If not, help finding somewhere to live for the whole year
Funding support we offer?
- Specific funding that's just for care leavers
- Additional funding available (such as bursaries and grants)
- Support for students seeking asylum
- Support for those with discretionary leave to remain
- Financial advice
All Care leavers will have access to the college bursary and will be able to apply for the VYP bursary within this application. Additional funding is available for all student via the college finance team or Wellbeing Lead.
Sorry, we don't have information about available courses. Visit their website for more details.