Leeds City College
The information on this page was last updated on 28 August 2018.
The details of support available can change, so before you apply it's best to speak to the named contact to check exactly what they offer.
We have a full range of student services at Leeds City College, including careers guidance, counselling and wellbeing.
Support we offer?
- A named contact
- Outreach sessions or activities
- Pre-application help
- Guidance for offer holders
- A web page for care leavers
- Careers advice and support after graduation
Accommodation we offer?
- A place to live all year round
- If not, help finding somewhere to live for the whole year
Funding support we offer?
- Specific funding that's just for care leavers
- Additional funding available (such as bursaries and grants)
- Support for students seeking asylum
- Support for those with discretionary leave to remain
- Financial advice
If you are 16-18 years old and are living in care, you can apply to access funding through the learner support fund. This is currently a weekly payment of £25, along with free meals and a bus pass.
You can apply to our hardship fund, this is discretionary and applications are considered based on individual need.
Course information from Discover Uni was last updated in December 2020