Leeds Trinity University
Senior Schools and Colleges Liaison Officer
0113 283 7186
The information on this page was last updated on 4 September 2018.
The details of support available can change, so before you apply it's best to speak to the named contact to check exactly what they offer.
Leeds Trinity's student recruitment team offers care leavers an enhanced package of advice and guidance throughout your admissions process, and whilst you are studying with us.
- meetings with our senior schools and colleges liaison officer, Gillian Elvidge, to provide advice and support
- an optional buddy system during your first week on campus
- opportunities to meet new friends through activities, clubs and societies run by the students' union
- vouchers for some university essentials
- accommodation for a full year
- tailored financial advice
- help and support with finding work, including an employability grant
- help with the cost of graduation gown hire and photographs.
For more information, please visit our website: www.leedstrinity.ac.uk/careleavers.
Support we offer?
- A named contact
- Outreach sessions or activities
- Pre-application help
- Guidance for offer holders
- A web page for care leavers
- Careers advice and support after graduation
Accommodation we offer?
- A place to live all year round
- If not, help finding somewhere to live for the whole year
Funding support we offer?
- Specific funding that's just for care leavers
- Additional funding available (such as bursaries and grants)
- Support for students seeking asylum
- Support for those with discretionary leave to remain
- Financial advice
Care leaver's bursary
Leeds Trinity offers a care leaver's bursary of £1,000 per year for all of our undergraduate courses. To qualify you must meet the following criteria:
- be a UK or EU student on a full-time or sandwich course
- be paying the tuition fees yourself or with the help of a sponsor
- have a former relevant care leaver status according to the Children (Leaving Care) Act 2000
- be aged 25 or under at the time of your course enrolment
- be receiving a full maintenance support package in the current academic year.
Academic achievement awards
Leeds Trinity recognises and rewards hard work. We give away a £1,000 payment for high-achieving students starting a full-time honours undergraduate course in September 2016 and September 2017 through our academic achievement award.
You'll be eligible to receive the award if you've achieved AAB at A-level, or the equivalent over three awards. There is no need to apply for the bursary as it will be automatically administered for all eligible students.
Leeds Trinity bursary
You may be eligible for a Leeds Trinity bursary. The Leeds Trinity bursary is a cash award of £1,000 for the second year for all eligible students with a household income of £25,000 or less. For more information please visit our website: www.leedstrinity.ac.uk/student-life/student-finance