Leeds Trinity University
Widening Participation Officer
+44 (0) 113 4673 991
The information on this page was last updated on 4 October 2021.
The details of support available can change, so before you apply it's best to speak to the named contact to check exactly what they offer.
Leeds Trinity offers Care Leavers an enhanced package of advice and guidance throughout your admissions process, and whilst you are studying with us.
meetings with our senior student recruitment officer (pre and post application), Gillian Elvidge, to provide advice and support;
an optional buddy system during your first week on campus;
accommodation for a full year (365 days) if required;
tailored financial advice;
mental health first aiders and counsellors on site.
For more information, please visit our website: www.leedstrinity.ac.uk/careleavers.
Support we offer?
- A named contact
- Outreach sessions or activities
- Pre-application help
- Guidance for offer holders
- A web page for care leavers
- Careers advice and support after graduation
Accommodation we offer?
- A place to live all year round
- If not, help finding somewhere to live for the whole year
Funding support we offer?
- Specific funding that's just for care leavers
- Additional funding available (such as bursaries and grants)
- Support for students seeking asylum
- Support for those with discretionary leave to remain
- Financial advice
Leeds Trinity offers a Care Leaver's bursary of £1,000 per year for all of our undergraduate courses, with vouchers for university essentials in your first year. All applicants who tick the 'Care Leaver' box on their UCAS application will be contacted and provided with the eligibility criteria and application form.
You can find more information about our Care Leaver's bursary on the Finance page of our website or feel free to contact our Single Point of Contact, Gillian Elvidge.
We also provide help and support with finding work, including an employability grant, and help with the cost of graduation gown hire and photographs for Care Leaver students.