The information on this page was last updated on 2 September 2018.
The details of support available can change, so before you apply it's best to speak to the named contact to check exactly what they offer.
We have a fantastic student services team at Leicester College, they are based at each of our three city centre campuses, and they will help you access the range of student support services we offer.
At Leicester College you can access counselling services and learning mentors to help you succeed. To help you progress after you have completed your course, our learning coaches and careers team will work with you to look at further education and employment options.
All sessions can be booked in advance, as well as dropping in when you need. If you have an emergency, then we will help you access our services faster.
Support we offer?
- A named contact
- Outreach sessions or activities
- Pre-application help
- Guidance for offer holders
- A web page for care leavers
- Careers advice and support after graduation
Accommodation we offer?
- A place to live all year round
- If not, help finding somewhere to live for the whole year
Funding support we offer?
- Specific funding that's just for care leavers
- Additional funding available (such as bursaries and grants)
- Support for students seeking asylum
- Support for those with discretionary leave to remain
- Financial advice
If you are eligible, we will sit with you and help you apply for the former access to learning fund.
If you need an assessment on your disability/condition, then we will help you pay for this via our disabled students’ allowance. The support you get depends on your individual needs, and not on income.
We offer impartial careers advice, welfare advice and mentoring services to all of our care leavers.
Course information from Discover Uni was last updated in December 2020