London School of Economics and Political Science

Rosie Pethica

Deputy Head of Widening Participation
020 7852 3662

The information on this page was last updated on 17 August 2021.

The details of support available can change, so before you apply it's best to speak to the named contact to check exactly what they offer.

LSE recognises that care-experienced students may face challenges accessing and studying in higher education. To find out more about the pre-entry and on course support we offer to care-experienced students please visit

If you have further questions about the information on our website or want to speak to someone about your circumstances, you can email us at

Support we offer

  • A named contact
  • Outreach sessions or activities
  • Pre-application help
  • Guidance for offer holders
  • A web page for care leavers
  • Careers advice and support after graduation

Accommodation we offer

  • A place to live all year round
  • If not, help finding somewhere to live for the whole year

Funding support we offer

  • Specific funding that's just for care leavers
  • Additional funding available (such as bursaries and grants)
  • Support for students seeking asylum
  • Support for those with discretionary leave to remain
  • Financial advice

In addition to the support available from Student Finance England and your local authority, LSE provides several bursaries and scholarships for which care-experienced students are eligible to apply. Further information can be found on our website