School and College Liaison Team Manager
The information on this page was last updated on 27 August 2018.
The details of support available can change, so before you apply it's best to speak to the named contact to check exactly what they offer.
Loughborough University is a top six university (6th in 2017/18 Guardian league tables), with more than ten years’ experience in delivering specific outreach to care-experienced young people, including an annual summer school and training for care professionals.
These are part of a set of inspiring events providing young people with an insight into life on a huge campus that has great facilities for every aspect of student life.
Loughborough University also provides:
- Generous financial packages for care leavers worth an extra £6,300 per year.
- 52-week accommodation where needed.
- Designated contact for care leaver applicants (Kirsty Wilkinson) and a designated contact for support at university (Veronica Moore).
- The opportunity to do paid work as a student ambassador: inspiring others on outreach events.
Care leavers are provided with a wealth of expert support, from careers advice to additional needs and mental health support, to counselling and advice on your student finances. Please contact us to find out more.
Loughborough University achieved its highest ever ranking of 4th in the 2017 Guardian League Tables and won the Times Higher Education Student Experience Survey in 2016. An internationally recognised top UK sporting university, our campus is based on a superb 438 acre single-site campus at the heart of the country in a busy market town.
Loughborough is committed to maintaining an international reputation for world-leading research, and our success feeds directly into teaching through an emphasis on research-led practice and consistent investment in state-of-the-art teaching facilities.
We recognise the importance of developing strong links with industry leaders, and all of our undergraduate courses have the option of incorporating a paid placement year.
Support we offer?
- A named contact
- Outreach sessions or activities
- Pre-application help
- Guidance for offer holders
- A web page for care leavers
- Careers advice and support after graduation
Accommodation we offer?
- A place to live all year round
- If not, help finding somewhere to live for the whole year
Funding support we offer?
- Specific funding that's just for care leavers
- Additional funding available (such as bursaries and grants)
- Support for students seeking asylum
- Support for those with discretionary leave to remain
- Financial advice
Loughborough University provides a generous financial package to support care leavers. For students registering in 2018, this will add up to £6,300 total benefit per year.
This is made up of £1,800 of Loughborough scholarship, for which all care leavers are eligible, and a care leaver bursary (tuition fee waiver and cash bursary) of £4,500 per year.
The full breakdown can be found on our website at: http://www.lboro.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/student-life/support/health-welfare/care-leavers/
Please note that bursary amounts may change from year to year, so please check here for the most up-to-date figures.
Students who tick the care leaver box on their UCAS application form will be contacted to make sure you receive the bursary you are eligible for.