Middlesex University

Jude Cringle

Student Welfare Adviser
0208 411 3008

The information on this page was last updated on 2 August 2019.

The details of support available can change, so before you apply it's best to speak to the named contact to check exactly what they offer.

Middlesex guarantees accommodation for all first year students who confirm Middlesex as their first choice. We also offer support with your deposit, so contact us if you think that you will need help.

The university's counselling and mental health team run drop-in sessions every day (Mon-Fri) from 2pm-3pm. Make sure that you arrive by 1.50pm to be seen. 

Support we offer

  • A named contact
  • Outreach sessions or activities
  • Pre-application help
  • Guidance for offer holders
  • A web page for care leavers
  • Careers advice and support after graduation

Accommodation we offer

  • A place to live all year round
  • If not, help finding somewhere to live for the whole year

Funding support we offer

  • Specific funding that's just for care leavers
  • Additional funding available (such as bursaries and grants)
  • Support for students seeking asylum
  • Support for those with discretionary leave to remain
  • Financial advice

We now offer 6 Scholarships for our Care Leavers and Estranged Students. Each Scholarship is £2500 and is paid in 3 instalments. Click here for more information.

Care leavers are a priority group when being assessed for the university's student support fund, so make sure you apply. The fund opens in November, and the application form is online. Contact me directly, or any member of the student welfare advice team, if you have any questions or need help submitting the form.

The deadline is usually in April, but make sure you apply early as once the funds have been allocated the fund will close.

3 courses matching child

Nursing (Child) Royal Free Hospital