Moray College UHI
The information on this page was last updated on 3 September 2018.
The details of support available can change, so before you apply it's best to speak to the named contact to check exactly what they offer.
We offer a full support package to all care leavers, including financial and emotional support. We can also offer you a counselling service, if necessary.
A recent initiative is that all care leavers can be clients for beauty and hair students, and get this treatment free of charge.
Support we offer?
- A named contact
- Outreach sessions or activities
- Pre-application help
- Guidance for offer holders
- A web page for care leavers
- Careers advice and support after graduation
Accommodation we offer?
- A place to live all year round
- If not, help finding somewhere to live for the whole year
Funding support we offer?
- Specific funding that's just for care leavers
- Additional funding available (such as bursaries and grants)
- Support for students seeking asylum
- Support for those with discretionary leave to remain
- Financial advice
We currently offer all care leavers on further education and higher education courses access to all funds they are eligible for. This includes a bursary EMA, EMA living away from home, childcare and discretionary funding.
For higher education you are entitled to apply for a care leavers' grant through SAAS.
We can process applications without relevant paperwork to speed up the application process. We can also refer students to any other funding sources outwith the college i.e. the welfare fund.,