Get in touch with Nelson and Colne College
This will send an email directly to the named contact for care leaver support.
Nelson and Colne College
The information on this page was last updated on 22 August 2018.
The details of support available can change, so before you apply it's best to speak to the named contact to check exactly what they offer.
You will be allocated a Safeguarding and Welfare Officer to support you with your application and interviews, enrolment, induction, applications for financial support, completion of Personal Education Plans and access to health, wellbeing and extra-curricular activities.
Support we offer?
- A named contact
- Outreach sessions or activities
- Pre-application help
- Guidance for offer holders
- A web page for care leavers
- Careers advice and support after graduation
Accommodation we offer?
- A place to live all year round
- If not, help finding somewhere to live for the whole year
Funding support we offer?
- Specific funding that's just for care leavers
- Additional funding available (such as bursaries and grants)
- Support for students seeking asylum
- Support for those with discretionary leave to remain
- Financial advice
We can offer you a vulnerable young person's bursary, which is discretionary up to £1,200. There's no deadline for you to apply for this. A discretionary learner support fund may also be available.
Course information from Discover Uni was last updated in December 2020