New College, Durham
The information on this page was last updated on 7 August 2019.
The details of support available can change, so before you apply it's best to speak to the named contact to check exactly what they offer.
Support we offer?
- A named contact
- Outreach sessions or activities
- Pre-application help
- Guidance for offer holders
- A web page for care leavers
- Careers advice and support after graduation
Accommodation we offer?
- A place to live all year round
- If not, help finding somewhere to live for the whole year
Funding support we offer?
- Specific funding that's just for care leavers
- Additional funding available (such as bursaries and grants)
- Support for students seeking asylum
- Support for those with discretionary leave to remain
- Financial advice
The ASC (Advice Support Careers) department at New College Durham has advisers who can assist you in identifying and accessing a range of educational funding opportunities, available both through the college and from external sources.
We can also assist you in applying for funding for equipment and materials you may need for your course.
The counselling service gives you the opportunity to talk to someone in a confidential setting. Please contact ASC on 0191 375 4400 and we will discuss your individual requirements with you.