The information on this page was last updated on 27 August 2018.
The details of support available can change, so before you apply it's best to speak to the named contact to check exactly what they offer.
The following support and guidance is provided for all students:
- learning support and resources to help your learning
- learning resource centre with library and study support resources
- health advice
- a faith room for reflection and prayer
- careers guidance
- a student council and related student forums to gather students' views
- taster and open day events for applicants to view the college and talk with course leaders.
Please have a look on the college website for full details of all the courses available to you, and make contact if you have any questions.
Support we offer?
- A named contact
- Outreach sessions or activities
- Pre-application help
- Guidance for offer holders
- A web page for care leavers
- Careers advice and support after graduation
Accommodation we offer?
- A place to live all year round
- If not, help finding somewhere to live for the whole year
Funding support we offer?
- Specific funding that's just for care leavers
- Additional funding available (such as bursaries and grants)
- Support for students seeking asylum
- Support for those with discretionary leave to remain
- Financial advice
As a care leaver, you are entitled to apply for 19+ loans or higher education loans, depending on the type of course you apply for.
Advice on how to apply is given through our Information, Advice and Guidance team.