Student Welfare Adviser
0121 476 1181 ext 2620
The information on this page was last updated on 14 April 2021.
The details of support available can change, so before you apply it's best to speak to the named contact to check exactly what they offer.
Newman University has a large student support team, which includes academic support and emotional support including a counsellor and a mental health adviser.You can find out more about our support services at:
Support we offer?
- A named contact
- Outreach sessions or activities
- Pre-application help
- Guidance for offer holders
- A web page for care leavers
- Careers advice and support after graduation
Accommodation we offer?
- A place to live all year round
- If not, help finding somewhere to live for the whole year
Funding support we offer?
- Specific funding that's just for care leavers
- Additional funding available (such as bursaries and grants)
- Support for students seeking asylum
- Support for those with discretionary leave to remain
- Financial advice
At Newman University we have a dedicated contact for Care Leavers, Tammy Oyekanmi, who is able to offer financial advice and support both pre entry and throughout your time at Newman. Our dedicated contact can also support you to apply for additional funding through external trusts and charities, and ensure that you are in receipt of all financial entitlements. Enrolled students can apply to the Newman University Support Fund, should they find themselves in financial difficulty.
Course information from Discover Uni was last updated in December 2020