North East Scotland College
The information on this page was last updated on 7 February 2017.
The details of support available can change, so before you apply it's best to speak to the named contact to check exactly what they offer.
We previously held the Buttle UK Quality Mark and now have our dedicated Corporate Parenting Action Plan that details all of the support available for our care experienced applicants and students.
We have a dedicated team of Inclusiveness & Study Skills Coordinators that monitors the attendance of our care experienced students and provides regular contact and support.
Support we offer?
- A named contact
- Outreach sessions or activities
- Pre-application help
- Guidance for offer holders
- A web page for care leavers
- Careers advice and support after graduation
Accommodation we offer?
- A place to live all year round
- If not, help finding somewhere to live for the whole year
Funding support we offer?
- Specific funding that's just for care leavers
- Additional funding available (such as bursaries and grants)
- Support for students seeking asylum
- Support for those with discretionary leave to remain
- Financial advice
We fast track all of the bursary applications for our care experienced applicants/students.
We support students seeking asylum in the UK and those with discretionary leave to remain in the UK with fee allocations, determined by the rules and guidelines regarding the funding process.