North Highland College UHI

Jackie Manderson

Jackie Manderson

Educational Support Worker
01847 889304

The information on this page was last updated on 29 August 2018.

The details of support available can change, so before you apply it's best to speak to the named contact to check exactly what they offer.

North Highland College was awarded the Buttle UK Quality Mark in 2014, demonstrating our commitment to young people who are care experienced.

Our staff will give you support and guidance from your first enquiry to us, and throughout your time at college.

You will be offered a named member of the student support team, who will support you throughout your time at college, and can provide advice and support in all areas of college life.

Support we offer

  • A named contact
  • Outreach sessions or activities
  • Pre-application help
  • Guidance for offer holders
  • A web page for care leavers
  • Careers advice and support after graduation

Accommodation we offer

  • A place to live all year round
  • If not, help finding somewhere to live for the whole year

Funding support we offer

  • Specific funding that's just for care leavers
  • Additional funding available (such as bursaries and grants)
  • Support for students seeking asylum
  • Support for those with discretionary leave to remain
  • Financial advice

If you are interested in enrolling on a full-time further education course at North Highland College UHI, you can apply for a bursary or an educational maintenance allowance. You may also be eligible for discretionary funding to help make ends meet, or to pay for childcare.

If you are interested in enrolling on a full-time higher education course at North Highland College UHI, you should apply to SAAS directly.

Our student support team will be on hand to help and advise you as to what funding you are eligible to apply for, how to complete the application, and how to find the documents you will need to complete your application.