The information on this page was last updated on 23 August 2018.
The details of support available can change, so before you apply it's best to speak to the named contact to check exactly what they offer.
We offer free counselling, and our mentor team provide a signposting service for anyone who requires further support.
Support we offer?
- A named contact
- Outreach sessions or activities
- Pre-application help
- Guidance for offer holders
- A web page for care leavers
- Careers advice and support after graduation
Accommodation we offer?
- A place to live all year round
- If not, help finding somewhere to live for the whole year
Funding support we offer?
- Specific funding that's just for care leavers
- Additional funding available (such as bursaries and grants)
- Support for students seeking asylum
- Support for those with discretionary leave to remain
- Financial advice
We offer ring-fenced funding for care leavers of £1,200 over the academic year. There's no cut-off date.
Care leavers who are 16-18 can also get financial support to help you with travel, kit and lunches.
Please contact Lesley Rickerby, student services coordinator, on 01670 841200 ex 215 for more information.
Course information from Unistats was last updated in August 2018